Conferences, Journals, and Groups of Interest for N-of-1/SCED Research
Last updated: Apr 29, 2023
Given the interdisciplinary nature of esametry and our goal of promoting research collaboration within and across disciplines, we are sharing a list of conferences, journals and groups of interest for scientists with any academic background that want to catch up with the literature or share their work on n-of-1/SCED studies.
We also highlight any programs that support researchers from underrepresented backgrounds that want to participate or share their work.
This list is not exhaustive, if you are aware or are part of similar venues let us know and we can add it to this post.
- Association of Behavioral and Cognitive Therapists (ABCT). Its 2021 annual convention has adjusted rates for students and members.
- Behavioral health/medicine:
- Society of Behavioral Medicine (SBM). The 2022 meeting to be held in Baltimore, MD has adjusted rates for members, students, underrepresented first-time attendees (free), and residents of certain countries.
- Digital Medicine Society (DiMe). This non-profit is a community for digital health practitioners. It has accessible adjusted rates for government employees, academics, patients, and is free for those that are unable to contribute financially.
- Measuring Behavior. This international conference is focused on methods and techniques in Behavioral Research. Its 2022 edition will be online and will have adjusted rates for students and non-author attendees.
- Computer Science:
- ACM CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. CHI is the premier international conference of Human-Computer Interaction and a big part of the works published there are of qualitative nature. The 2022 edition will be held in New Orleans, LA in a hybrid format. There are financial support opportunities for students, early-career researchers, and those that are not able to afford it due to financial hardship or lack of institutional support.
- Frontiers in Digital Health. Open Access journal with a focus on these specialty sections: Health Informatics, Health Technology Innovation, Personalized Medicine, and Connected Health
- JMIR (and JMIR mHealth and uHealth). This is a peer-reviewed journal for digital medicine and health, and health care in the internet age. The sister journal mHealth and uHealth focuses on ubiquitous and pervasive computing, wearable computing, and domestics for health.