Stats-of-1 Updates and Highlights
Last updated: Aug 03, 2023
Can you believe we’re halfway through 2023?! Here are some extra Stats-of-1 updates and highlights from 2022—and some from earlier this year.
Some promising signs of the growing interest in n-of-1 trials/studies and single-case designs:
- Harvard Data Science Review published a special issue called Personalized (N-of-1) Trials: Methods, Applications, and Impact (September 2022).
- Stats-of-1 Founder and Chief Editor Eric J. Daza was recognized by Forbes Magazine (June 2022) and Fortune Magazine (November 2022) as a health innovator for his work leading Stats-of-1.
- Causality and Science | by Felipe Argôlo
- SCED: Bridging research and clinical practice | by Julianne Wilner Tirpak
N-of-5 Minutes Podcast
- Tailored to Our Emotions | Episode 04 with Clair Robbins (our Stats-of-1 2023 Lead Editor)
- Stories from an N-of-1 trials and SCED pioneer | N-of-5 Minutes Podcast Episode 05 with Patrick Onghena
- Optimizing Therapy for Individuals | N-of-5 Minutes Podcast Episode 06 with Julianne Wilner Tirpak
- Adaptive Computing for Diabetes | N-of-5 Minutes Podcast Episode 07 with Simon Harper
- Exercise, energy and fatigue: what works for you? | N-of-5 Minutes Podcast Episode 08 with Ali Boolani
Conferences and Publicity
- For his work at Stats-of-1, Eric was invited by Fortune Magazine to attend Fortune Brainstorm Health. There, he connected with conference attendees and speakers over current challenges in health, health tech, and digital health. He also did his best to promote n-of-1 approaches!
- At the American Causal Inference Conference, Eric presented updates on the Model-Twin Randomization (MoTR, pronounced “motor”) method—his esametric (i.e., quantitative idiographic) approach developed along with collaborators Logan Schneider, Igor Matias, and Katarzyna Wac—in a talk called Using Wearables and Apps to Characterize Your Own Recurring Average Treatment Effects.